Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Destiny: Living God's Image on Earth



Tonight in Bogota, I spoke to a group of 20 Colombians attending a 2-week ministry training seminar.
Subject: our destiny ~ living out the image of God on earth.

Like Jesus did . . .




Genesis 1:26 says we are made in God's image.
Romans 5 says death entered the world through man's sin.
Isaiah 51 & 52 say he wants to restore us.
Isaiah 53 says he bought our redemption.
Romans 5 describes how we are restored through faith in Jesus, who bought our life with his.
1 Corinthians 15:49 says we become like Jesus, as we walk with him.
Colossians 1:15 says Jesus is the image of the invisible God.

When we represent God's image on earth, we spread his glory.
More lives restored through Christ = God's image restored on earth = More of his presence = more of his glory = more people restored to their original created intent = more

God helped me speak.
I had fun, adding dramatizations to illustrate the ideas.

One drama: I represented sin in a person's life (I hung on the back of a guy, slowing and pulling him down). Jesus took that person's sin on himself when he died on the cross. (I now hung on the back of 'Jesus'. He allowed himself to be pulled him down to die.) Then, Jesus rose again, showing his power over sin and death. (I stayed on the ground and the Jesus character got up.) So now the person can be free, if they trust in God's work in their life. (I tried to get back up to convince the person I wasn't destroyed. The person had a choice whether to believe/accept what Jesus did for them and be free, or to allow me to have power in their life and pull them down to destruction.) While I did the drama, it opened my eyes to the purpose of Jesus' death on the cross and the freedom it provides for me, if I receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment