Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Going to Haiti?



"Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do
something in your days


that you would not believe,
even if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5

My mom emailed this verse at the start of ministry school. I didn't believe her.
Now I think she's right . . .




We just heard our team has been invited to come to Haiti to help with earthquake relief efforts.

Two staff guys with YWAM (Youth With a Mission) Kona, HI traveled to Haiti last week. The mayor asked them to help coordinate ministries, churches, and NGO's. The guys wrote to Kona leadership saying they needed money, resources, and people. Especially people. Since our Colombian outreach team is the closest to Haiti, they asked us to consider going.

When our team leader shared the news with us yesterday, we couldn't believe it. Even in my dreams, I never imagined this would be possible. And now the invitation stood before us. Would we really go?

The story of King David came up in our discussion. During his early years as Israel's ruler, David wanted to bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem. It sounded like a great idea - bring God's presence to the capitol city. He made only one mistake. He forgot to ask God how to go about it. So the whole effort was a disaster. Even their most enthusiastic work didn't bring success. David learned from that painful experience. The next time, he inquired of God for the game plan. That's what we want to do. Yesterday, Zach and Sean, our two leaders, went on their faces before the Lord. I'm glad to be on their team.

In my last email, I wrote about my wild dream of wanting to be Secretary of State for the King of Kings. How and when would that be possible, I wondered. Could this be an open door? "8I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." Revelation 3:8

Please pray for our team as we pursue going to Haiti. (It's not certain that we'll go - but we're interested/willing.)
  • Wisdom & direction.
  • Communication & plans.
  • Cheap flights from Colombia to Haiti.
  • Great unity of our team (God provided a DREAM TEAM).
  • Joining with workers in Haiti.
  • Open doors for every ministry the Lord has for us.
  • Supernatural compassion, love, strength, endurance, and faith . . . and seeing the deliverance of God's mighty hand.
  • Standing with our Haiti brothers/sisters as God raises the poorest nation on the earth.
God makes our dreams possible.
Thank you for your encouragement, love, and prayers.
I'll keep you updated.

1 comment: